Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person (REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC)
Website shall mean the http://egs2019.symposium.pl/. website administrated by Symposium Cracoviense Sp z o.o. and containing the general information and registration forms for EGS 2019 organized by Symposium Cracoviense Sp z o.o., through which users may register for a conference.
Online registration for a conference
The data provided by you during the registration on the Website will be used to manage your participation in the conference we organize. Registration is voluntary, but necessary if you want to attend the conference.
The data controller is Symposium Cracoviense Sp z o.o., 31-123 Kraków, Krupnicza 3, NIP (tax identification number) PL676-20-61-612 Regon (statistical number) 351475079.
If you have subscribed to our newsletter, your data will be used exclusively to send you e-mails to the address you have provided. At any time, you can resign from receiving the given newsletter by using the unsubscribe option available in the newsletter itself.
Sending of information about conferences and events via electronic communication channels
If, during the registration on the Website for an event we are organizing, you have agreed to receiving commercial information from us with respect to the conferences organized by Symposium Cracoviense via electronic communication channels in accordance with the Polish Law of 18 July 2002 on the Provision of e-Services (consolidated text: Journal of Laws of 2016, item 1030, as amended), your data will be used exclusively to send, to the e-mail address you have provided, information and invitations to other conferences. At any time, you can resign from receiving such information by using the unsubscribe option available in the e-mail itself.
Contests, marketing campaign, loyalty programs
If you have decided to take part in a contest, a marketing campaign, or a loyalty program, your data will be used for the purposes of these activities. As a result, your data may be shared with the contest/campaign/program organizer or co-organizer and/or the sponsor of the prizes.
Sharing of data with the entitled entities
In addition to the cases specified above, your Personal Data may be shared with the entities entitled to receive it under the relevant legal regulations, including the judiciary and law enforcement agencies.
Forms of contact
We may contact you by e-mail (email@example.com), by traditional mail, or by phone (+48 12 4227600).
Informing about changes to data
In order to inform us about changes to your Personal Data, you can send us a notification by e-mail, to firstname.lastname@example.org . When updating your Personal Data, you will be asked to confirm your identity before your request is complied with. The nature of the given service or functionality may result in limitations of the above right to change data; you will be informed by us about it in each individual case.
Your rights regarding your Personal Data
Consistent with applicable data protection laws and other applicable laws, upon request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Data. We will give you the opportunity to correct any errors and to restrict our rights to use your data, up to and including deletion of your Personal Data consistent with this policy. Any requests to review, modify or delete your Personal Data should be addressed to email@example.com
We will not prohibit you from making a complaint regarding Symposium Cracoviense's practices with regulatory and supervisory authorities. Except as described in this policy, we will not use your data for any automated decision making or profiling.
Retaining Personal Data
When you withdraw your consent or when it is no longer reasonably required, we will delete your Personal Data. We may, however, retain your Personal Data for an additional period of time if necessary to assert or defend legal claims during a relevant retention period.
How long is Personal Data retained for?
We will keep your Personal Data for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. For example, we will retain your data for as needed to provide you services; and after that, we will keep the personal data for a reasonable period of time, which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns.
Protection of Personal Data
We make our best efforts to ensure that our services are provided in a way that protects information against accidental or intentional destruction or loss. The communication between your computer and our server during the processing of your Personal Data (in our system) is encrypted using the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol. To register the participants of our conferences and events and gather your Personal Data, we use operating systems designed for the Syskonf platform. Remote access is limited to the necessary minimum (system maintenance) and takes place via firewalls and VPNs. System environments are additionally secured against any software defects with a snapshots mechanism. The Syskonf hardware is based on modern Rack servers. Each of them has a number of doubled sub-assemblies, including redundant power packs connected to independent uninterruptible power lines and RAID disk matrixes protecting against failures of data storage devices. The local network infrastructure is also doubled to minimize the risk of a defect of a single element and keep the highest service availability possible. The Syskonf platform is maintained at one of the best data centers in Poland. The physical security is ensured by a security service team and a 24/7/365 external and internal CCTV system. Access to the server room is possible only for the authorized persons and only in the company of a member of the facility staff, via a system of security doors. The data center is also protected against fire and has a redundant power supply source. The quality of the data center services is guaranteed by the ISO 9001:2009 and ISO 27001:2005 certificates (information security management system).
1. The Website does not collect any information automatically, except for the information stored in cookies.
2. Cookies are IT data, especially in the form of text files stored on the devices of Website users, intended to facilitate the use of the Website. Cookies usually contain the name of the website they come from, the period for which they are stored on the end device, and a unique number.
3. The entity uploading cookies to the end devices of Website users is the entity managing the event’s website: Symposium Cracoviense Sp z o.o., 31-123 Kraków, Krupnicza 3
4. Cookies are used to:
- match the contents of the Website to the user’s preferences and optimize the use of web pages; in particular, these files allow for recognizing the Website user’s device and displaying the Website properly, in line with the user’s individual needs;
- produce statistics that help understand how users use the Website, which allows the improvement of its structure and contents;
- continue the Website user’s session (after logging in), which means that the user does not have to enter his or her login and password on each page of the Website;
- provide users with ads suited to their interests;
- carry out advertising and remarketing campaigns of the Website in external advertising networks, especially the Google advertising network.
5. The Website uses two main types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files that are stored on the Website user’s end device until he or she logs out, leaves the Website, or switches off the software (web browser). Persistent cookies are stored on the user’s device for the time specified in these cookies or until deleted by the user.
6. The Website uses the following types of cookies:
- “necessary” cookies that make it possible to use the services available on the Website, e.g. authentication cookies used for the purposes of the services requiring authentication on the Website;
- cookies used to ensure security, e.g. those used to discover abuse in terms of Website users’ authentication;
- “performance” cookies that make it possible to collect information about the way in which users use the Website;
- “functional” cookies that make it possible to “remember” the user’s settings and personalize the Website interface, e.g. in terms of the user’s language or region, the font size, the layout of the Website, etc.;
- “advertising” cookies that make it possible to provide the user with advertising content adapted to his or her interests and display ads on the basis of the user’s previous visits to the Website.
7. In many cases, the software used to view websites (the web browser) permits the storage of cookies on the user’s end device by default. Website users may at any time change the cookies settings. The settings may in particular be changed in such a way as to block the automatic processing of cookies or display information every time they are uploaded to the Website user’s device. Detailed information concerning the possibility and procedure of handling cookies is available in the software (web browser) settings.
9. The cookies uploaded to the Website user’s end device and may also be used by the following mechanisms cooperating with the Website operator:
- advertising networks, in particular the Google advertising network; you can resign from receiving cookies from advertising networks via the Google Ads preferences manager and via the Network Advertising Initiative.